Friday 18 December 2020

Choosing character traits when writing a book.

More on writing boring stuff… Right at the start, before I type “Chapter 1” I like to write down my characters names and give them traits.

Sam. University student, single, arrogant, obsessed with his pet cat, bad driver, fantastic cook, spends his spare time at the theatre watching old movies, fantasizes about being an alien.

That’s not very inspiring. If I’m still bored when I have written out their traits, chances are I need to start over…

Sam. University student, juggling 3 girlfriends, nervous wreck, talks to his cat like it’s human and believes it answers him, never got a license but drives anyway, experiments with semi-poisonous substances in his cooking, spends all his spare time at the hospital looking for used medical items for his collection of blood-stained paraphernalia, fantasizes about whether his finger will go through into his brain if he picks his nose too hard.

Chances are I will do better the second time.

BOOKS 1, 2 and 3 currently FREE

Free is good.

FREE --> amazon.com/-/e/B00KRYRPU2 #goodreads #books

No comments:

Post a Comment