Tuesday 15 December 2020

New writing style or easy to read and comfortable?

I admire someone who wants to break from tradition and present something entirely different, but I haven’t reached that platform yet. Humans are creatures of habit and most enjoy feeling comfortable and secure, with a book that does not cause them to have work hard to read it. The trouble is, in order to make something new “easy to read” I would have to get my audience used to reading that new style of writing. If they are driven away because it’s too different, they will never read another one of my books. If I was going to write something without following the “rules” and in a completely new and unconventional style, it had better be good. Most people will call a book boring if they find it difficult to read or it’s filled with purple prose. Easy to read: Daoine Maithe Books 1, 2 and 3. The Fallen, The Guardians, Child of a Guardian and of the Free. Coming in 8 days: Book 4, The Free.

No comments:

Post a Comment