Wednesday 16 December 2020

Second Guessing Myself

 

I bet Raymond Feist doesn't sulk when he gets a negative review. I reckon he probably replies with "Sure, whatever you reckon, but look at how many copies I sold, bwah ha ha ha ha!"

Wow I crumbled fast when I got a negative review. I sulked for a couple of minutes then reminded myself to take my own advice and learn from it. For a few minutes there, I was thinking, are my books actually good? I got a lot of good positive reviews, but that one half-hearted review stung a bit. Then I started thinking, why am I writing? Why am I publishing my writing? Because I love writing! I love telling stories. I love sharing them with people. Most people loved the stories, but then someone said the stories were not their taste. That’s fair enough! No every book is to everyone’s taste. I am not going to let one bad review derail me. Onwards and upwards! Publishing in 7 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment