Friday 8 January 2021

Publishing my new series - The Ruby Key for middle grade children.

Literary Agent or Publisher?

A lot of publishers will not accept unsolicited submissions. A lot of literary agents will not accept unsolicited submissions. Its a very difficult and daunting path when you set out to try to catch the eye of a publisher or literary agent. But there are some very good publishers and literary agents out there, and they really do know what they are doing.

There are so many vanity publishers who will take on my work. For a fee. That I don't have. I've been approached by a lot of vanity publishers, mostly stating they would like to publish my previous series because of the high ratings on Amazon. Sometimes it has been tempting, but I am determined to leave no stone unturned in the search for my own traditional literary agent and publisher.

I am sincerely hoping a literary agent or publisher will become aware of the sheer volume of work I am willing to put in for promotion, advertising and social media. That I don't expect to give them the manuscript then stand back lazily. That would never work.

So here goes. I am about the pitch The Ruby Key series (middle grade fantasy) to all the publishers in the world, starting right here in Australia. 

No comments:

Post a Comment